Development Finance Partners (DFP) was engaged to provide a funding solution for a land bank acquisition in Medowie NSW.
DFP arranged and settled a 12 month land bank facility, representing 120% of the purchase price and 65% Loan to Value Ratio, was delivered.
THE KEY ISSUES FACED BY THIS SITE ACQUISITION
- During the period of the land purchase contract the Client had obtained both a rezone and DA for a 235 lot manufactured housing estate “MHE” development.
- Financing against a $13.5M As Is valuation and not the $4.5M purchase price.
- Specialised security as the DA was for MHE and not residential
DF PARTNER’S ROLE
DFP were retained to advice the client on optimising the debt and equity structure of the capital to increase the return on equity by financing against the soft equity created by the client achieving a Rezone and DA by settlement for a specialised security.
In submitting and then promoting the transaction to its Capital Partners, DFP undertook a detailed assessment of the whole of life development programme and staging model, and real estate fundamentals and the overall credit worthiness of the proposal.
Could your next project benefit from some expert development finance? Get in touch.
For expert advice:
Featured articles /
- Presales affecting property developers and how you can overcome the pre-sale hurdle.
- Our Domestic Credit Squeeze – The Perfect Storm and Opportunity for the RBA & Property Developers
- How property developers can thrive in a changing economy
- Development Finance Partners recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing companies
- CREDIT ALERT – “THE PARTY IS OVER”