Land Bank Funding for 60% of Valuation for South Coast Short Stay Accommodation
- Client was having difficulty securing funding for a development in the Shoalhaven region. The DA approved site was for 16 residential strata villas and 1 café. The villas are “tourist” short stay, pursuant to the zoning which is SP3 Tourism.
- The issues were mostly related to the “short stay” nature of the zoning
- Development Finance Partners (DFP) was engaged to expedite a funding solution that met the Client’s requirements
- DFP recommended the Client order a commercial arm’s length valuation which would provide definite project feasibility numbers to work by and which would provide support for the development. We recommended a valuation firm that was well recognised and on the panel of a wide range of lending institutions. The valuation confirmed that this location had a shortage of short stay accommodation within close proximity to the beach
- Review valuation and complete due diligence
- Produce a land bank funding proposal in the first instance which would be subsequently refinanced by a construction facility
- DFP completed a Funding Proposal for a Land bank facility for 6 months. This would enable the Client to secure the site, commence preliminary works and marketing to enable presales to underpin a construction facility. Once this would be achieved, the subsequent refinance into a construction facility would be underpinned by evidence of a market for the end product (of which there was a shortage of stock in this location)
- DFP secured an offer for funding of the site within one week of receipt of the valuation
- Settlement has now been completed.
What the client says:
“Thanks to Development finance partners our project has secured funding in a regional area zoned for tourist use. To date DFP have been nothing short of a pleasure to deal with. They have been willing to spend time to understand the finance requirements with restrictions and to put a workable funding option together, that would not be an option with any of the major banks. I look forward to continuing our relationship on this project and others.”
Could your next project benefit from some expert development finance? Get in touch.
Level 3, 31 Alfred St
Sydney NSW 2000
P / 02 8916 6246
Level 30/35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
P/ 03 8692 0082
Level 18, 175 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4001
P / 07 3041 4136
- Development Funding – What are the real property development costs involved?
- Navigate today’s commercial property market trends and overcome the pre-sales hurdle
- Our Domestic Credit Squeeze – The Perfect Storm and Opportunity for the RBA & Property Developers
- How property developers can thrive in a changing economy
- Development Finance Partners recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing companies