Preferential Equity – Medium density development
Noble Park Victoria – 91% Total Development Cost
- Client had numerous projects commenced / ready to be commenced and had significant equity tied up in the projects
- Their model is to presell to 100% debt cover to secure bank funding on all the projects
- Client required relatively small amounts of Preferential Equity relative to the market (ie normal minimum $5.0m)
- Development Finance Partners was engaged to provide an equity solution
- Work up a Borrowing/ Security structure
- Funding model required for (PE) with Capital and Coupon returns in line with the PE Market
- Model return on Equity to the Client based on the Senior and PE layers (this actually demonstrated the higher return on Equity by using PE)
- Provide PE financing
- Development Finance Partners provided the Preferential Equity to 91% TDC
- Development Finance Partners facilitated within 14 days.
- The Client now has the required equity to enable leverage into another development
What the client says
“From a developer perspective it allowed us to access locked equity on order to fund our next project. The well-structured deal, which was circa a few million dollars, was not readily available from banks and DFP offered a viable solution.
“Preferred equity is certainly a solution that we will use again to unlock the funds we need to support future growth,” Nicholas Smedley
For expert advice:
Featured articles /
- Presales affecting property developers and how you can overcome the pre-sale hurdle.
- Our Domestic Credit Squeeze – The Perfect Storm and Opportunity for the RBA & Property Developers
- How property developers can thrive in a changing economy
- Development Finance Partners recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing companies
- CREDIT ALERT – “THE PARTY IS OVER”