$70 Million Corporate Equity Injection – Melbourne Development Group
Steller Group are a Melbourne based property developer who were looking for an equity partner to provide capital across a pipeline of 14 projects vs providing private funding for projects on an individual basis.
Steller wanted the flexibility to apply funds across its entire portfolio of existing and planned developments instead of the more usual arrangement where funds are secured against a specific project.
- To provide advice and structure to facilitate corporate equity
- The facility was not to be mortgaged back against any particular development.
- To leverage the dormant and unvalued equity sitting within the Steller Group’s pipeline
- The equity could be used to, deposit identified future sites without DA, senior finance and or pre sales
- The equity could be recycled continually and did not need to be repaid as developments completed.
DFP provided the client advice that would allow the client to borrow the desired equity;
The $70 million facility was advanced utilising the Groups dormant and unvalued equity at the corporate level, therefore negating the need to enter into inter –creditor deeds on specific project related security.
The above facility has the ability to be recycled for a period of 5 years and can be used in all manner as it relates to further acquisitions and developments’
What the Client Says
The equity arrangement negotiated by DFP was a breakthrough initiative at a time when traditional lenders have significantly tightened their lending criteria.
The funds injection is of a quantum that clears the way for Steller to progress 14 projects with a completion value of about $800m. The lenders is secured by way of equity in the dedicated 14 project pipeline – in effect, the lender has become a valued partner with us as we develop the business.
Nicholas Smedley, Managing Director, Smedley Group
For expert advice:
Level 3, 31 Alfred St
Sydney NSW 2000
P / 02 8916 6246
Level 30/35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
P/ 03 8692 0082
Level 18, 175 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4001
P / 07 3041 4136
- Development Funding – What are the real property development costs involved?
- Navigate today’s commercial property market trends and overcome the pre-sales hurdle
- Our Domestic Credit Squeeze – The Perfect Storm and Opportunity for the RBA & Property Developers
- How property developers can thrive in a changing economy
- Development Finance Partners recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing companies