Residual Stock First Mortgage Facility for equity cash out
DFP had been engaged by the borrower to obtain a first mortgage residual stock facility to provide cash equity out of a single residual apartment in a previous development completed by the group. The client has recently commenced a new project and wanted to use the equity in the apartment to start project early works.
The borrower notified DFP to arrange immediate cash out finance as they wanted to commence the new project immediately.
LOCATION OF PROPERTY
The Group is a vertically integrated, full service property development and construction group based in Melbourne. Until recent times, the Group has operated for most part in the background on the delivery of a large pipeline of projects. The company continues to construct and develop sites and will continue to do so for a number of years to come.
At present, the developer holds in excess of 20 projects which are either ready for construction or in pre-development phase. The Group is located in Victoria and employs approximately 20 staff.
The Group strategy focuses on building and developing quality developments within Melbourne’s inner to middle ring south-eastern suburbs. Specifically, the Group will look to deliver between 6-12 projects each year predominately on mixed-use residential projects, with all aspects of the development life-cycle to be managed in-house, ranging from site acquisition, planning, sales and marketing, project funding, construction, project management and settlements.
THE ISSUES: URGENT EQUITY CASH OUT REQUIREMENT
The developer was seeking immediate cash out to commence the new project immediately in line with the development timeframes for delivery.
THE SOLUTION: FIRST MORTGAGE RESIDUAL STOCK FACILITY
Development Finance Partners (DFP) was engaged to provide an urgent funding solution.
DFP arranged a 12-month facility for $600k at an LVR of 65% approved with a new valuation completed and settled in under 3 weeks with the existing residual stock apartment as security.
THE RESULTS DFP DELIVERED:
- Finance – Secured; Terms Approved March 24 3 with a valuation completed and settlement completed April 14.
- Loan Amount $600k , Valuation ‘As Is’ $925k = LVR 65%
- Term – 12 months, 3 month minimum term
The client is now very happy that they have been able to obtain cash out to commence their new project while still keeping the stock apartment on the market with only a three month minimum term on the facility.
For expert advice:
Level 3, 31 Alfred St
Sydney NSW 2000
P / 02 8916 6246
Level 30/35 Collins Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
P/ 03 8692 0082
Level 18, 175 Eagle Street
Brisbane QLD 4001
P / 07 3041 4136
- Development Funding – What are the real property development costs involved?
- Navigate today’s commercial property market trends and overcome the pre-sales hurdle
- Our Domestic Credit Squeeze – The Perfect Storm and Opportunity for the RBA & Property Developers
- How property developers can thrive in a changing economy
- Development Finance Partners recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing companies